STRUCTURAL DEMOLITION ASSESSMENT – BLOWDOWN
We were thanked by our client MGL Demolition for our assistance as acting Structural Engineers for the safe demolition of the Surge Bunkers at the Teesworks Site in Redcar. The works were part of the clearance of a section of land/equipment for future development proposals. Our role included the following:
– Production of a pre-demolition structural report
– Reviewing the pre-weakening of the structure
– Assessing the wind loads applied to the structure during the pre-weakened state
– Assessing the blowdown sequence of operations
– Assisting with the theory associated with the demolition technique
I must say the teamwork associated with the project planning was remarkable, comprehensive, diligent, and professional and the results speak for themselves.